At first I was feeling down that (like usual), I did not get nearly as much done as I wanted to. However, as I reflect in this post to you, I realize that I actually did accomplish some things!
- It started off looking like this:
- To comfort myself (and bring a little summer joy), I made a batch of strawberry shortcake.
Okay, I actually made this twice on two different occasions while on spring break (but who's counting!)
- My husband and I finished our bedroom. Those of you who keep up on this little blog know that we are currently renovating a 125 year old house. We were finally able to move downstairs after sleeping upstairs for over a year and we are loving it! For more pictures, come visit me at my other blog: http://youngloveoldbeams.blogspot.com/
- We went on a flash vacation to Niagara Falls. We found a Groupon for an amazing deal that we just couldn't pass up (although it was a little hard to leave our newly finished bedroom:-)). Ironically, this was my very first visit to Canada eventhough I live in Ohio. We had a wonderful time!
- I detailed my husband's car. He's an accountant so this is his "busy time." I felt a tad sorry that I was on spring break while he was working long hours so I spent a considerable evening cleaning and washing every particle in that car. I'll admit-it sparkled when I was done. And...a happy husband makes a happy wife :-)
- Last but not least and just for you, I worked on creating an extension pack (grades 6-12) for my Curriculum-Based Language Assessments. They're not quite done but I wanted to let you know they are on their way!
For those of you who are just beginning your break-I am wishing lots of sun and relaxing days toward you! My TPT store will be joining others as we celebrate Easter-enjoy 15% off!