Looking back at all the things this year, I am thankful for:
- A loving and forgiving God whom I believe directs my steps. I am so very blessed to know Him and for Him guiding me into this profession.
- An amazing husband. While I work all day and then come home to work some more, he is always patient. He reads my blog and encourages me when I make materials to share. Just so you know, he knows a lot about you! When I find an interesting post or someone comments on my blog-I excitedly tell him. He knows (by heart) what the initials TPT, IEP, ETR, and LRE all mean! He is what I call....a support SLP :-)
- My amazing job. I love every aspect. Every aspect. I love the light in a student's eye when he finally understands, the sound of a perfectly made /s/ sound, the excitement in the student with ADHD that prevents him or her from sitting that bottom in that seat, the detailed writing of IEPs (yes, I even love writing IEPs) and the willingness when one of my parents ask "What can I be doing at home?" I love it all and I'm so very blessed to be in this profession.
- My little dog Toto. When I get home from work, he snuggles up to me while I blog. Creating materials is even more fun and comfortable when I have Toto warming my feet :-)
- My house. Yes-it's weird. But a year ago, I had no kitchen, no living space. We are renovating this baby (with all that extra time) and I must say, she is looking better every day. This year I have a kitchen to bake in and a living room to place a Christmas tree. Life is good!
- This past year, we were blessed to take a vacation to Ireland! It was beautiful and highly recommended if anyone is looking to travel to Europe.
- You! Your comments, encouragement, posts, and suggestions make me a better therapist. I've gained valuable knowledge this past year and can pass the benefits onto my students. Thank you so much for challenging me and ultimately helping me help my students.
- My TPT store. When I started this store 4 months ago, I never dreamed that I would have 20 followers, much less over 300! The teachers and SLPs on here are amazing and I'm so thankful to be part of a coalition of great professionals!
Because you have been a blessing to me, I want to thank you by having a sale at my TPT store and Teacher's Notebook store.
From tomorrow until Sunday, I will be having a 10% off sale (for those who would like to get some materials cut out during the off days).
Then, on Monday, my entire store will be 20% off with an additional 10% off that TPT and Teacher's Notebook are throwing. That's a total savings of 28%!!! (The reason it is up to 28% off and not 30% is because the additional 10% comes off the already discounted prices).
SLPs.....it is time to stock up!!!
Thank you for all your support and have a GREAT Thanksgiving!!!